Thursday 22 July 2010

Little Big Man goose steps on the carpet tiles . . No More ! ! !

Well tomorrow is Friday and I am going to take the day off. It's been awhile since I have seen Julio and it's time we had a "Big Fat Chip" type lunch. Julio runs an IT communications company in Wiltshire and we first worked together in 1993. Now we know that big fat chips aren’t good for a person but they do taste great, so we shall indulge.


It's about 120 miles to his office and I am looking forward to the drive, I used to do the drive every day, leaving in the early hours of the morning, very often I would be sent on round the country sometimes not getting back for several days!

Speaking of work I had a few contact from a place I used to work recently. Seems the new boy manager, him with a chip on each shoulder and a way of strutting about the office may have left his position. I was told ( and this may not be true) that he was suspended for "hitting" someone and possible putting business via a mate. As they say in Private Eye "Surely Not".

Still a wedding photography business, not in his real name though and in excess of £900 a day! Some say he has over 15 properties that he rents out. Hmmm must have worked very hard to accumulate that sort of capital I would have thought.

But just so I make my feelings clear, I had after a while formed the opinion that jumped up trainers ( No not you "M") are not very special people. It's important to remember that they didn’t MAKE the methodology they just imposed it.

In fact there are many methodologies in the IT world and some are good and some are bad. Now ITIL may be generally good but let’s put it in perspective, a local government organisation is not a leading edge, cutting edge IT operation. Yes, it has to be run properly and to best practice but it does not need a jumped up despotic tin god. Leadership, honesty and team building to name but a few are equally needed qualities.

Big Fat Chips with a dollop of satisfaction on the side . . . . Tastes Great !

That all Folks

Simple of Sussex.

No comments: