Wednesday 3 October 2012

Work in progress

Here I am and it is the 3rd of October 2012 and Autumn is upon us. Now autumn is my favourite time of year, the cooler mornings, the dew, spiders webs with dew drops on them and the like are all things I like to see.  I also get strong urges to make like a squirrel and stock up my larders and the freezers. 

I am pleased to say we seem to be getting prepared earlier this year, M has started talking about having Christmas at home this year instead of away at her mothers on the side of Dartmoor as it is her brothers turn to stay down. We both could go down but I am not built for sleeping on the floor anymore.  We will go down the week before!  Other lines of festive conversation is  who is coming over Christmas day for lunch & supper ( Tom our son and Chilter his girlfriend) and the desire to get the presents before the shops are jammed and full to bursting.

My part in all this is what the Christmas lunch will be, this year I fancy either Pork or Lamb or even both!  Together with Roast potatoes and parsnips, minted peas and another green vegtable. I shall decide on that later. Dessert is another question to think about. For sure this year I will be going for a walk along Seaford seafront for excersise and fresh air. (more later)

No comments: