Thursday 19 July 2012

Olympic Games 2012.

Olympic Games 2012.


I sat down to watch the opening ceremony with a certain trepidation. I remember the closing scene in Beijing where we had an aging rock guitarist playing on an open top double decker red bus and David Beckham kicking a football into the watching crowd. It was not a good sight. 

The London Olympic Games opening presentation was a lot better than I expected. For the most part I thought it was well done and interesting. Though I was puzzled why it started so late in the evening, it was late for the UK and even later for Europe but seemed to be just about fine for the US television Networks.

Some aspects of the ceremony I did find puzzling such as the inclusion of such a long piece about the NHS. I am a big fan of the NHS, I think they do a fantastic job. Sure in any organisation you can find things that could be done a bit better but on the whole I think the NHS walk on water. I just couldn’t shake the feeling that somewhere a subtle political point was being made by someone but I am not sure who!

Bond and Bean stopped us from taking it all too seriously. In my view it was a bit leftie and a bit too PC and a bit short on the Welsh and the Scots. And did we have anyone else apart from Paul McCartney available? However at the end of the day is was quirky, stunningly visual and way way better than I could have imagined.

The Debt Crises.

Work in progress 01/08/2012

No comments: