Friday 16 September 2011

The Jug's, the food, the chat, and the sun.

Yesterday was the only day for all my office colleagues to be in together before I leave at the end of next week. They very kindly took me for lunch at the Jugs in Kingston near Lewes. There has been a pub there since approximately 1640. The beams are very low and the bar has an uneven floor and darkened oak beams a plenty. 

It was a nice day, with clear blue sky and the sun was very warm, so we sat in the garden basking in the warmth. The food was lovely and it was so nice just to sit and chat away. I suspect that it was good for team spirits as most of them will be abroad for most of the next few months attending recruitment fairs. I certainly enjoyed it.

My son and his girlfriend have moved into their flat with views across the village green and the southdowns. His friends helped carry stuff up to the third floor; it is quite nice now that all of his boxes and stuff are no longer in every corner of my house, where they have spent the last week waiting for their move in date.

Thats all Folks

Simple of Sussex

No comments: