Saturday 11 June 2011

Bits and Pieces from Sussex

Hello, finally back after several months and what a few months it has been !  Lets take the changes in time order.

I have left the CBT course in Eastbourne, I loved the job and really really liked working for the lecturers but it was only 18 hours a week and a 76 mile round journey every working day. I should have gone in the summer of 2010 but I so wanted to see it through to the end, in April 2011.  Loads of money going out, very little going in. Even so I held out till mid January 2011 when I could hold out no more. I started in the Overseas office of a local University and have been there coming up six months. Its a nice place to work and only ten miles from home which is a change.
On the last day I never got to say Good-Bye to my favourite lecturer, but we are having lunch in a few weeks time, so lots of gossip to catch up on.
My son has moved out and now lives with his girlfriend. It feels a little odd. He has been with us for twenty four years apart from the odd holiday or long weekend. It was a little bit strange for the first few days. . . . food stays around longer, the washing basket is hardly full and there is always plenty of hot water! 

They have been back a several times and we have developed an easy pattern of Sunday lunch every fortnight or so which is nice. They often pop over, it was only a few days ago that they called in as they were walking up to the village and dropped of a fruit loaf and had a cup of tea and a chat.



I was driving over Ditchling Beacon and was surprised to suddenly see a hot air balloon sail over at treetop height. It was so close I could read the phone number on the side of the basket.Had about six people on board.

Well that's it all folks

Simple of Sussex.

No comments: