Thursday 23 September 2010

A long trip, a wedding, a vegtable bake and my first day on a car share.

Well it's been a while since I updated my blog. Life has been quite busy, I had a site visit to a Grangemouth oil depot which is near Edinburgh in Scotland. Trouble is that I live just a few miles from Brighton on the south coast. Anyway to cut a long story short 1002 miles later my part of the job is done and all I want to do is go upstairs and go to bed. Still it was a nice drive.

I had to go a wedding last weekend and it was just to the west of London, I intended to arrive with 35 minutes to spare. Problem is that I drove straight into the tail of a 70 minute delay on the M25. We were not the only ones late but at least we were in time to witness the signing of the register. Full marks for the reception in a lovely hotel on the banks of the river Thames. All in all not a bad day.

I made a vegetable bake last night and for a first attempt is was not too bad. It contained new potatoes, broccoli, carrots and yellow and red peppers, covered with bread crumbs and strong grated cheese. I will do another one in a few days and make some improvements, perhaps a liquid cheese sauce instead of grated cheese. I need to watch my diabetes, need to stop eating too much meat and eat more vegetables.

I had my first car share day today and it was seemed to go well. The other driver is a pleasant lady. There was not too much or too little conversation and so we shall see how it goes.

Well thats it folks . .

Simple of Sussex.

No comments: