Wednesday 23 June 2010

OK, the more astute of you will have noticed that I have done away with the black back ground and gone for more pastel colours. I think it gives the blog a lighter feel and reflects the good weather of the last few days, long may it continue.

Some small but good news is that I have got my petrol mower to start finally, turns out there was some stale petrol in the bottom of the tank, so now I can take my mum's tiny electric mower back. The petrol mower has a nice large blade that takes about 30% wider cut. That’s quite important when the lawn is about 140 feet long.

Other good news is that I am off to visit the Mother-in-Law mid July, she lives in a small village on the west side of Dartmoor. There are many lanes through shaded valleys and open lanes across the top of the moors. I fancy a pub lunch, a nice ploughman’s, sitting in the sun whilst reading my Small Holders magazine.

In one of my past blogs I mentioned growing a few vegetables; well I have tomatoes, courgettes and red peppers on the go at the moment. The Plum tree also seems to be producing a bumper crop.

I have also been on a Sausage making course. I can now make my own sausages from scratch. Though it took some time to master the art of making links of sausages, but I managed it and made a string of sausages about ten links long. They tasted great.




Well thats all Folk's

Simple of Sussex.

No comments: