Friday 5 November 2010

Friday 5th November

Normally it takes me an hour to get into the University but due to a crash on one of the back roads on my route it took three hours.

The police had closed the road up from Exceat towards East Dean and were diverting traffic up a near single lane towards the A27.

Suffice to say it soon became clogged and I spent a pleasant forty-five minutes looking over fields in the morning sun. I pulled over into a forestry park and walk area and took these two shots.


Both photos were taken on my iPhone, the one of the river was taken into the sun. Oddly enough the one of the trees could only be saved on it's side then it would upload right way up. Most odd !

Outside my window here in Uni land I can see the lawn with it border of mature trees wearing the brown, reds and gold’s of mid-autumn.

It is slightly misty and I am beginning to feel like a squirrel with an empty larder. I get this urge to fill it up with tins and packets so as to be ready for a long hard winter! So tins of soup ( I can and do make my own ) packets of pasta, tinned tomatoes, baked beans , cat food, packets of oats for porridge and tinned this and that will all be appearing shortly.

The freezer gets a good filling up as well. Tom my son hunts rabbits with a mate on some land the farmer wants kept as free as possible from rabbits so we have the occasional rabbit stew as well. Did I mention pigeon pie. . .

Well, thats all Folks

Simple of Sussex.





No comments: